Monday April 15, 2013
Are you coming to town for a little getaway and looking for some cool spots to party at? You definitely picked the perfect destination. Concert halls, bars, lounges, micro breweries, after hours, cabarets, theatres,...Montreal has them all, and the St Paul Hotel is ideally located for you to explore the great night life our vibrant city has to offer!
The only difficulty you will have is deciding on where to go! There are so many different options, one weekend is barely enough. Here is a selection of hot spots we definitely recommend to our night owls – guaranteed fun:
- No need to even walk out of the hotel to start off evening well. Give the Hambar restaurant a try! Ideal for 5@7 or casual dinners, you’ll be blown away by their wine card and their famous charcuterie platter. The ambiance is so festive you’ll picture yourself in Soho or Barcelona. Ready to tickle your taste buds?
- ‘Sing, dance, laugh, play, relax, and connect’ is the Piano rouge’s motto. What else could you ask for? Discover the perfect place for music lovers in Old Montreal: Soul, Jazz, World, Funk, R&B will make your night cheerful. Relax in an elegant and intimate lounge setting, and be sure to try out the delicious cocktails and finger food they serve all night long. A gem in the city!
- New City Gas is a whole different kind of place, but definitely on our ‘Must-go’ list. Located in the trendy Griffintown area, this show hall has already hosted several famous DJs such as: David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Bob Sinclar, Skrillex,... The building, an ancient XIXth century refurbished industrial warehouse, is simply amazing and the vibe is always good.
- More eclectic, the newly opened ‘Peopl night Club’ is a multifunctional space where you can assist to product launches, fashion shows, artistic performances or DJ sets. The ambiance, lights, and the variety of people from which the crowd is composed of make it a refreshing addition to Montreal’s bustling nightlife. Only a 5 minute walk from the St Paul Hotel!
- Listed within the 100 world’s best clubs, the Stereo is a mandatory stop for techno and underground house fans coming to Montreal. This place truly knows how to play music: equipped with one of the most sophisticated sound systems in North America, they get you dancing the minute you walk in! This place is an after-hours club, so the DJ sets usually start around 2 am and finish in the morning. Getting back in the early morning shouldn’t be an issue for you though, because if available, we’ll happily treat you to a late check out!
© SDC Vieux Montréal, Bill Friedlander